EXAMINATION / PROMOTION POLICY
The students are periodically assessed, tested and evaluated to ascertain their academic growth & learning outcomes in all aspects during an academic session. The remedial measures in this regard are adopted and the parents are informed accordingly for the follow up of the same. In addition, the students are examined at the end of each term. The details along with the weightage of each term towards the tabulation of consolidated annual result for promotion to the next class are appended below for your information.
EXAM DURATION WEIGHTAGE TOWARDS CONSOLIDATED
RESULT FOR PROMOTION
- First Term September – December 20%
- Second Term December – March 20%
- Final Term March – June 60%
It is pertinent to mention here that no rescheduling of exams is allowed for any reason. The absence of a student from a term exam will deprive him/her for the set weightage for the consolidated result for promotion to the next class. However, a student missing any term due medical leave by Hamad Medical Corporation / Qatar Government recognized hospitals or due late admission, the weightage for the missed term exam will be calculated accordingly.
The Promotion policy to the next class is as under:
- The students securing at least 50% marks in each subject and 50% in aggregate with a minimum of 80% attendance will be promoted to next class.
- In order to qualify for forwarding of the admission forms to Edexcel UK for IGCSE / IAS-IAL Examination and Federal Board examinations at SSC / HSSC Level, the student must pass send-up exams in all subjects with a minimum of 80% attendance during the academic session. In case of failure to fulfill the said requirement, the student will be detained in the same class.
- No re-consideration or re-test will be offered for promotion to the next class in case of failure to fulfill the above said criterion. The student will be detained in the same class.